Working in Malta


EU Residents – All EU residents do not require a visa or a work permit.  However there are restrictions on nationals from Bulgaria and Romania meaning that all nationals from these countries will need to apply for an employment licence.

All employment licences are obtained from ETC Job Centres or ETC website –

Non EU Residents –  All Non EU residents are required to apply for an employment licence in order to ab able to work.  However this can only be done by your employee and you cannot apply for a licence yourself.  For further details please refer to the following website –

The following websites are just a few links where to look for a job.

Applying for an ID Card

As a  Maltese resident you will need to apply for your ID Card in order to obtain a social security number, free health treatment and to open your bank account.  Application forms can be obtained or downloaded from the Electoral Commission –