The Malta Residence and Visa Programme is a tailor made residency programme setup specifically for individuals who are nationals of the EU, EEA (EU, Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein) or Switzerland can apply for a Malta Residence permit.
All successful applicants are given permits by ID Malta (Identity Malta) and this Residence and Visa programme will entitle the beneficiary and his/her registered dependants to reside, settle or stay indefinitely in Malta. If all the criteria required are met a residency permit will be issued under the following conditions:
- The person is at least eighteen years of age.
- Pay a non-refundable € 5,500 administration fee.
- Applicant must pay an initial contribution of € 30,000 (non refundable) once the application is approved.
- Applicant must purchase or rent a property for at least five years from the issuing of the permit under the following conditions: a minimum value of the property of € 320,000 in Malta or €270,000 if the property is located in the South of Malta or in Gozo. If leasing a property the rent must not be less than € 12,000 per annum for a property situated in Malta or € 10,000 for a property situated in the South or in Gozo.
- Applicant must commit to invest, hold a qualifying investment of in a form determined from time to time by ID Malta having an initial value of € 250,000 to be held for a minimum period of five years from the date of the issuing of the certificate.
- All applicants must at least have an annual income of € 100,000 arising outside Malta or to be in possession of a capital of not less than € 500,000.
- Applicants must be in possession of a sickness insurance in respect of all risks across the whole of the EU normally covered for Maltese nationals for himself and his dependants.
- The person applying does not in any way benefit already under the following programmes:
- The Residents Scheme Regulations
- The High Net Worth Individuals – EU / EEA / Swiss Nationals Rules
- The Malta Retirement Programme Rules
- The Residence Programme Rules
- The Qualifying Employment in Innovation and Creativity Rules
- The Highly Qualified Persons Rules
- All individuals who are beneficiaries of the Malta Global Residence Programme shall be allowed to apply for the issuance of the certificate in terms of the Malta Residence & Visa Programme launched under these Regulations.